Check It Off - Your Tri Race Day Checklist

As a triathlete and mom of three, a great race day checklist is a lifesaver.

My list includes columns with items like:

pre-race: directions, confirmation letter, warm clothes, money photo ID

swim: wetsuit, swim cap, goggles, bodyglide

bike: helmet, bike shoes, socks, sunglasses, spare tubes, electrical tape

run: running shoes, hat, gels/nutrition

post-race: dry clean clothes, plastic bag for wet stuff, recovery food, massager or rolling pin

How do you organize for an event? Do you also love the checklist? Have you ever had to buy something on site? What's top on your list?

Here is a list of lists to help you prepare for your next event. Pick the list that works best for you.

Have a better list? Send me the link and I'll add it.

Enjoy!
Ironmom's Triathlon Checklist
Sprint Tri Checklist from Active.com
Triathlon Checklist from Amateur Endurance
Race Day Checklist from WhenBigBoysTri.com
Racechecklist.com
Triathlon Packing Checklist
Grant's Grunts Triathlon Checklist




6 comments:

Unknown said...

For me, packing for a race begins an important part of the visualization process. It helps me mentally prepare leading up to the race since the physical preparation has been taken care of during training. Having a list is helpful. I also make piles of my gear grouped by sport so I can track everything down and see if anything need to get washed. I try and do this early in the week so I know ahead of time if I need to go to the store. Great post and timely for me--racing Sunday!!

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Wow. Excellent points in your comment! Packing for a race helps me settle into race-mode too. It IS great mental preparation.

I hope Sunday goes well for you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the tips and help! I'm excited to say I'm signed up for my first tri in Aug with Danskin/SheRox in Pennsylvania. I was reading your lists (and laughing with joy), but I don't know what to do with the rolling pin I will potentially bring if I don't have a massager. Do I roll out my muscles? Help!

Thanks,
Kari

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Hi Kari,
Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad the tips were useful! So cool that you've signed up for your first tri!! Sorry for the confusion with the pin. I use my mini rolling pin to roll my calf muscles and to roll up and down the ITband that goes from outside hip to outside kneee. It just feels so good after I'm done.

What's your favorite segment of triathlon so far? I'd love to hear how it's going, stay in touch.

Crissy G said...

Sweet list! I've only done a dualathon and I have to have my sunglasses because of my allergies. My dad does marathons and he always has to have his body glide. He has had to buy it on site many times because he forgets.

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Gee Fam Bam, thanks for stopping by! I too love body glide, it's a must have.