You Know You're a Triathlete When...

For a little fun, on a cold drizzly afternoon.

You know you're a triathlete when...
  • You have a rain bike.

  • Your laundry bin is always full.

  • You love the smell of sharpie on race morning.

  • You hoard safety pins just in case.

  • You've taken an ice bath.

  • When you hear a canon fire, you automatically want to start swimming.

  • You can run farther than your dog.

  • You compete with your spouse for the lowest resting heart rate.

  • Your coat closet is filled with bright yellow jackets, vests and jerseys.

  • You shout "on your left" when passing other After Thanksgiving Day shoppers.
With thanks to my husband for helping me create this list and for introducing me to triathlon 13 years ago! Thanks also to Sherpa, our lab, who basically walks next to me as I jog.

What's your favorite? What would you add?

Head to this iamtri.com group for more unique attributes!

And, for even more list-reading fun find a list of race-day checklists here.

6 comments:

Ironman said...

Great list! I think an ice bath is more painful than any race! LOL!

Unknown said...

I've never managed to force myself into an ice bath after a race. I just can't face it.

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Hey guys,
You'll find my list and 100 more fun ideas on this discussion at ontri.com.

http://www.ontri.net/message.php?reply=96877

Enjoy!
Sara

Missy said...

You know you're a triathlete when...you are able to talk about every bodily function and malady in a mixed crowd and in specific detail, while applying body glide to your nether region, while discussing the perils of a portojon!

Crissy G said...

Man, you are such a great blogger. I love the list. I have yet to do an ice bath. I can relate to the laundry bin always being full especially when training!!! Argh! I barely have enough underwear or socks because I get too lazy to do the laundry.

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Gee Fam Bam - thanks for commenting! Yes, our laundry bin is constantly busy. I'm glad you enjoy the blog--stay in touch!