But, I should just let them go. Better yet, I should recycle them. This site offers a list of homes and programs looking to repurpose our dear old shoes.
New shoes appeal to a mix of my senses:
- touch (there are so many textures),
- smell (I like new shoe smell),
- sight (don't step on my new beautiful shoes!).
It seems I should also consider taste, especially when shopping for a new pair. Next time you shop, take note how shoes' colors are described. Some examples:
- Asics GEL Kinetic Blush-Rootbeer-Latte
- Asics GEL-DS Trainer 13 White-Lightning-Orange Popsicle
- Asics GEL Kushion White-Chocolate-Metallic Gold
Not sure how to choose your next shoes? Read these guides on shoe fit and selection.
Or, if you're a triathlete, you could look to the elite triathletes and see what they are wearing.
(Thanks Active Toby for these links!) Slowtwitch.com recently ran two features:
- What flavor are your shoes?
- What do you do with your retired shoes?