Because our house in Minnesota was at the bottom of a hill it didn't matter what direction we turned, we would start uphill. But, we were ready. We had on sweats, my hair was in a bandanna and we were wearing shoes with laces.
... Read my entire post here within GOTRIbal, an organization created to empower and connect women through the journey of endurance sport. I flew to San Diego last fall to attend GOTRIbal's conference & retreat, what an awesome weekend! See related posts:
In honor of Mother's Day weekend, here's a snippet of our life:
- We actually replayed the vomit scene during Little Fockers this week, laughing away ... and then life pressed rewind from upstairs as our 6-yr-old projectile vomited on & out of his bunkbed and onto his brother's bunk below ... vile bile.
- Our youngest son (3) debates most everything. But in this recent conversation with my husband, Orry was repeating everything Ken said ... well not everything.
the scene from Orry's firetruck bed:
Ken: "I am an elephant."
Orry: "I am an elephant."
Ken: "I have blue feet."
Orry: "I have blue feet."
Ken: "Mom is the hottest mother in the world."
Orry: " .... no she's not!"
- And, I saw this book title on facebook recently (thanks Vanessa) and laughed away.
FYI: I love being a mom and it is a blessing ... even so sometimes this book title is exactly how I feel!
The book is titled "Go the F@#k to Sleep." A sample from this TODAYMoms article:
“The cats nestle close to their kittens.
The lambs have laid down with the sheep.
You're cozy and warm in your bed, my dear
Please go the f@#k to sleep.”
Questions for You:
- - How are you celebrating Mother's Day?
- - Did you like Little Fockers?
Photos: guess who?