What I Love About Triathlon

The sport of triathlon is booming, especially among women. Most of us have taken swim lessons, ridden a 2-wheeler, or gone for a walk, jog or run around the block. So, the three elements of triathlon: swimming, biking and running, are familiar. To do a triathlon, you simply combine these 3 childhood skills into one fun event.

Women are drawn to triathlon as a sport for many reasons. This is what I love about triathlon:
  • Getting and staying fit makes me feel good about myself. When I feel good about myself I'm a better wife, mom, sister, daughter, everything.
  • I love the social aspect of meeting with my workout buddies to train, and seeing old friends at races and events.
  • Training for an event forces me to save time for myself.
  • The clothes and gear are cool.
  • I like changing peoples' perceptions of what is possible.

What do you like about triathlon?

Have a great weekend.

No comments: